Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ares I-X Stacking continues, New Launch Date

NASA engineers continue to place the elements of the first Ares I rocket into the stack in the Vehicle Assembly Building. The rocket is being built in one of the same bays that has been used for decades to build the Saturn I's, Saturn V's, and Space Shuttles. I am definitely starting to feel like this is coming together and the new rocket is almost ready to test.

That is, until I saw today that the test launch date is being set back to October 17th. Darn! I was so looking forward to an August launch. Having read the memo about the change, however, I'm convinced that NASA managers are taking the right decision to carefully approach this test launch. It's still on an aggressive schedule and they need this test to work right.

No comments: