Sunday, March 15, 2009

Shuttle Launch on track!

Space Shuttle Discovery is on the pad, ready to launch this evening at about 5:43 pm Mountain time. So far so good, everything seems to be proceeding as normal. I've started using NASA's own Launch Blog, found on the NASA website, which gives frequent updates from the launch control room as the countdown continues. You can find the link normally under the Multimedia tab and the blog subheading.  Or, just look for the main feature blog announcement on the front page!

You can also watch NASA TV live from the NASA site, or if you DISH or cable, you probably have a channel set to NASA TV.

I was worried earlier this week that I wouldn't be able to watch the launch live, since I had to work at the CMSEC during the initially scheduled launch, but due to the seemingly inevitable launch scrubs and delays, it looks like I should see the launch fine today. Unless there's another glitch.

No comments: